From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3 automatic spell check broken
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:19:45
1 On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 18:54 +0900, Mike Mazur wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> With Firefox 2.x whenever I typed into a text area and misspelled
6 >> something, the word would be underlined. Ever since I updated to
7 >> Firefox 3 this no longer happens.
8 >>
9 >> I've looked at USE flags for mozilla-firefox and xulrunner and don't
10 >> see anything that indicates aspell or similar.
11 >>
12 >> What am I missing?
15 > In Epiphany at least I was able to enable it with the following
16 > about:config options:
17 >
18 > spellchecker.dictionary = "en_US"
19 > layout.spellcheckDefault = 2
20 >
21 > You may want to specify 1 instead of 2 if you only want spellchecking in
22 > <textarea>s
23
24 Interesting. Spelling has been working here just fine as in "it just
25 works", but I checked my settings, and I had
26 spellchecker.dictionary = "en-US"
27 with a hyphen instead of underscore. It said "user set" but I didn't
28 do it. Significant?
31 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD