From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What /devTTY? is the modem normally under?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:02:04
1 a modem on a laptop isn't likely to be under anything. MOST of them
2 are "winmodems" and are mostly software. windows software, to be
3 exact. There may be projects out there to get some of them to work,
4 but I'm not sure what the success rate is these days. Last I looked,
5 it was abysmal.
6
7 However, modems in general are normally under /dev/modem, which
8 should be a symlink to /dev/ttyS0, or /dev/ttyS1.
9