From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:18:22
1 Sunday 28 May 2006 21:48 skrev Hemmann, Volker Armin:
2 > > This change could be a
3 > > bugfix. By making your own digest you don't get this bugfix...
4 >
5 > more probably - the mirror corrupted the file. Or someone replaced it with
6 > a hacked package.
7
8 While that is possible I'm not really sure why you consider it more likely.
9
10 At least in my case this bug showed when I upgraded from perl-cleaner-1.03 to
11 perl-cleaner-1.03-r1. Those two ebuilds are identical and use the same tar
12 file as source. This means that when I originally (a couple of weeks ago)
13 installed 1.03 the digest fitted the other, smaller tar file, which means
14 that devs has approved both versions of that tar file). It did install
15 successfully (and seemed to work) so it couldn't be too corrupted.
16
17 So while it is possible that the devs approved a file that shouldn't have been
18 approved, I prefer to think that upstream just did something stupid by
19 upgrading the package without a revision bump.. :)
22 Bo Andresen