From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo portage on github - using fork as local overlay
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 18:49:18
1 I recently suggested ebuilds on bugs.gentoo.org and was advised to
2 generate a PR (=pull request) against the gentoo portage repo on github:
3
4 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo
5
6 ok, I forked that repo, did my changes within a local copy (clone) of my
7 repo .. etc etc
8
9 So far I understand things, OK, I have to figure out how to use branches
10 for separate packages ... but I am on my way ;-)
11
12 What I didn't yet find on Gentoo Wiki etc:
13
14 I would like to have my ongoing work (which is tracked inside my own
15 fork of the gentoo portage tree) in, say, /usr/local/portage and be able
16 to install packages either from the official portage tree or my own overlay.
17
18 I created files like this:
19
20 # /etc/portage/repos.conf/local.conf
21
22 [stefangweichinger-gentoo]
23 location = /usr/local/portage
24 masters = gentoo
25 sync-type = git
26 sync-uri = https://github.com/stefangweichinger/gentoo.git
27 auto-sync = no
28
29 ... but that always gave me permission issues
30
31 $ emaint sync -r stefangweichinger-gentoo
32 >>> Syncing repository 'stefangweichinger-gentoo' into
33 '/usr/local/portage'...
34 /usr/bin/git pull
35 Permission denied (publickey).
36 fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
37
38 Please make sure you have the correct access rights
39 and the repository exists.
40 !!! git pull error in /usr/local/portage
41
42 could someone show me an example and maybe even explain the workflow?