From: Sarpy Sam <sarpy.sam@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot print after changing CUPS printer
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:40:37
1 On 6/28/06, Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov <ploujj@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 6/28/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Did you by any chance change your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file settings
4 > > from the default?
5 >
6 > I think this is all I changed:
7 > --- /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (revision 367)
8 > +++ /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (revision 413)
9 > @@ -533,7 +533,7 @@
10 > #BrowseAddress x.y.255.255
11 > #BrowseAddress x.255.255.255
12 > #BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
13 > -#BrowseAddress @LOCAL
14 > +BrowseAddress @LOCAL
15 > #BrowseAddress @IF(name)
16 >
17 > #
18 > @@ -768,6 +768,7 @@
19 > Order Deny,Allow
20 > Deny From All
21 > Allow From 127.0.0.1
22 > +Allow From 10.1.1.*
23 > </Location>
24 >
25 > #<Location /classes>
28 > > How is your pdfprint connected to the PC?
29 >
30 > please ignore pdfprint for the sake of this thread. I am only
31 > concerned with the other printer - gray-deskjet: parallel:/dev/lp0
32 >
33 > > If they are both connected via your parallel port, have you configured it
34 > > correctly in your kernel?
35 >
36 > There is only one parallel port printer attached to my system, that is
37 > the printer in question here:
38 > gray-deskjet: parallel:/dev/lp0
39 > Yes, I compiled the kernel properly. That is how other machines on my
40 > LAN can print to this printer, and I can print a test page using CUPS
41 > web interface.
42 >
43 > > Sorry for stating the obvious but the error
44 > > seems to point to an incorrect route (path) to the printer. have you
45 > > tried via USB?
46 >
47 > This printer does not have a USB connection, unfortunately.
48 > The printer model is HP 710c, for your information.
49 > --
50 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
53 I'm sorry if I have missed it but have you looked in your cups error
54 log for any messages. Also set your log level to debug and restart
55 cups to get more detailed messages.
56
57 Sam
58 --