From: "Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov" <ploujj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot print after changing CUPS printer
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:06:09
1 On 6/28/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Did you by any chance change your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file settings
3 > from the default?
4
5 I think this is all I changed:
6 --- /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (revision 367)
7 +++ /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (revision 413)
8 @@ -533,7 +533,7 @@
9 #BrowseAddress x.y.255.255
10 #BrowseAddress x.255.255.255
11 #BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
12 -#BrowseAddress @LOCAL
13 +BrowseAddress @LOCAL
14 #BrowseAddress @IF(name)
15
16 #
17 @@ -768,6 +768,7 @@
18 Order Deny,Allow
19 Deny From All
20 Allow From 127.0.0.1
21 +Allow From 10.1.1.*
22 </Location>
23
24 #<Location /classes>
27 > How is your pdfprint connected to the PC?
28
29 please ignore pdfprint for the sake of this thread. I am only
30 concerned with the other printer - gray-deskjet: parallel:/dev/lp0
31
32 > If they are both connected via your parallel port, have you configured it
33 > correctly in your kernel?
34
35 There is only one parallel port printer attached to my system, that is
36 the printer in question here:
37 gray-deskjet: parallel:/dev/lp0
38 Yes, I compiled the kernel properly. That is how other machines on my
39 LAN can print to this printer, and I can print a test page using CUPS
40 web interface.
41
42 > Sorry for stating the obvious but the error
43 > seems to point to an incorrect route (path) to the printer. have you
44 > tried via USB?
45
46 This printer does not have a USB connection, unfortunately.
47 The printer model is HP 710c, for your information.
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list