From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KWallet doesn't recognise my password
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 06:33:41
1 On Monday 12 Dec 2016 13:18:46 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Until this morning I've had no real problems with KMail and co. for quite a
5 > while, but something's upset the wallet system so that my password is no
6 > longer recognised when I start KMail-2. This is what I've tried:
7 >
8 > 1. Re-created a blank /home partition and restored from yesterday's backup.
9 > (Yesterday's setup was working nicely.)
10 > No difference, so:
11 >
12 > 2. Deleted ~/kde4/share/apps/kwallet (while not running live) and rebooted.
13 > No difference there either.
14 >
15 > Is there something I can restore from backup to enable me to use the wallet
16 > again - perhaps something in /etc/ssl or /var/tmp? Maybe I need to remerge
17 > the wallet packages, or maybe I'll have to create an entirely new user for
18 > myself. I hoped I'd seen the last of that kind of masochism.
19 >
20 > In case it's relevant, the appearance of this problem coincided with a new
21 > kernel, 4.9.0, which I compiled as usual and rebooted. I just got a blank
22 > screen. I had to revert to 4.8.14 and rebuild the associated modules before
23 > I could boot, and then fsck ran to check all the file systems.
24
25 I wouldn't think the kernel is relevant to the kwallet problem.
26
27 I recall having to run a migration script or something, to migrate the
28 kwallet4 to kwallet5. Kmail is still using kwallet4. Did you update pam by
29 any chance? This should be something to look into for kwallet.
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick