From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KWallet doesn't recognise my password
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 01:06:50
1 Hello list,
2
3 Until this morning I've had no real problems with KMail and co. for quite a
4 while, but something's upset the wallet system so that my password is no
5 longer recognised when I start KMail-2. This is what I've tried:
6
7 1. Re-created a blank /home partition and restored from yesterday's backup.
8 (Yesterday's setup was working nicely.)
9 No difference, so:
10
11 2. Deleted ~/kde4/share/apps/kwallet (while not running live) and rebooted.
12 No difference there either.
13
14 Is there something I can restore from backup to enable me to use the wallet
15 again - perhaps something in /etc/ssl or /var/tmp? Maybe I need to remerge the
16 wallet packages, or maybe I'll have to create an entirely new user for myself.
17 I hoped I'd seen the last of that kind of masochism.
18
19 In case it's relevant, the appearance of this problem coincided with a new
20 kernel, 4.9.0, which I compiled as usual and rebooted. I just got a blank
21 screen. I had to revert to 4.8.14 and rebuild the associated modules before I
22 could boot, and then fsck ran to check all the file systems.
25 Regards
26 Peter