From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something changed in udev (again)?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:34:17
1 On Tuesday 04 November 2008 21:01:19 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 04 November 2008 08:50:18 Mick wrote:
4 > > > Can't mount my camera. This is what Konqueror comes up with:
5 > >
6 > > Ahem. You have a camera with an ext3 filesystem on it?
7 > >
8 > > What kind of super camera do you have that understands ext3? Those things
9 > > almost universally have vfat.
10 >
11 > Yes, it is vfat - I couldn't explain the ext3 thing either (see below).
12 >
13 > > I'd say you have a b0rked fstab. Udev has nothing to do with it as udev
14 > > does not understand filesystems either - mount undertsands filesystems.
15 >
16 > Spot on! I was well surprised to see that my fstab had an ext3 fs
17 > specified. Must have been from me experimenting with a NSLU2 device and its
18 > fs - not sure.
19 >
20 > Thanks for your help!
21
22 You shouldn't be thanking me quite so effusively.
23
24 You have no idea how many times I've made the same mistake :-)
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com