From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something changed in udev (again)?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:17:32
1 On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 04 November 2008 08:50:18 Mick wrote:
3 > > Can't mount my camera. This is what Konqueror comes up with:
4 >
5 > Ahem. You have a camera with an ext3 filesystem on it?
6 >
7 > What kind of super camera do you have that understands ext3? Those things
8 > almost universally have vfat.
9
10 Yes, it is vfat - I couldn't explain the ext3 thing either (see below).
11
12 > I'd say you have a b0rked fstab. Udev has nothing to do with it as udev
13 > does not understand filesystems either - mount undertsands filesystems.
14
15 Spot on! I was well surprised to see that my fstab had an ext3 fs specified.
16 Must have been from me experimenting with a NSLU2 device and its fs - not
17 sure.
18
19 Thanks for your help!
20 --