From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying settings from Konqueror-3.5 to 4.3
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:08:32
1 2009/10/23 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2 > 2009/10/22 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3
4 >> Yes, I have copied all my filters from 3.5 kmailrc, but somehow the
5 >> POP filters don't seem to show up.  My spam filters are all
6 >> recognised.
7 >
8 > Scratch that - no filters are recognised.
9
10 As a matter of fact they are not recognised because restarting kmail
11 results in all the filters which were manually pasted in KDE4 kmailrc
12 being deleted ... o_O
15 >> Meanwhile, this is what I am getting from Akonadi:
16 >> ====================================
17 >> Test 7:  ERROR
18 >> --------
19 >>
20 >> Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus.
21 >> Details: The Akonadi server process is not registered at D-Bus which
22 >> typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during
23 >> startup.
24 >> ====================================
27 >> Further down it says:
28 >> ====================================
29 >> File content of '/home/michael/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error':
30 >> Database driver "QMYSQL" was not found.
31 >> Available drivers are: ("QSQLITE")
32 >> Falling back to database driver "QMYSQL"
33 >> Database driver "QMYSQL" was not found.
34 >> Available drivers are: ("QSQLITE")
35 >> No usable database driver found.
36 >> ====================================
37 >>
38 >> Needless to say I can't access my address book, it's empty.  :-(
39 >>
40 >> What's the recommended fix - I would think that having to run MySQL is
41 >> an overkill on my asthmatic PIII laptop.
42
43 Reading this useful page:
44
45 http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
46
47 the problem may be with me selecting Redland instead of Sesame2
48 because I do not have/use Java. Hmm ... wonder if this is also why
49 kdewallet (or modern equivalent) is no longer there?
50 --
51 Regards,
52 Mick