From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: !! SOLVED !! Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:34:30
1 On Wednesday 15 December 2010 08:26:11 Dale wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 15 December 2010 13:37:33 Dale wrote:
4 > >> J. Roeleveld wrote:
5
6 <snipped>
9 > > Am glad you got it working. Enjoy the new machine :)
10 > >
11 > > --
12 > > Joost
13 >
14 > I went back and looked at the nvidia driver guide on gentoo.org. There
15 > is no mention of nvidia needing that. Should I tell the doc team so
16 > they can mention that for others or is my machine a little unique?
17 > Since someone else ran into it on the link you posted, it may be
18 > something that at least needs a mention even tho it is not nvidia specific.
19 >
20 > Thoughts?
21
22 Might be usefull to have it in the docs, but I think, as it is something other
23 software requires as well, it might be an idea to stick it in the install-
24 guide and in the ebuild-notes as well?
25
26 Am wondering, isn't it in the X11 documents on the site yet?
27
28 > I like this thing. The rig is super fast and the monitor is really
29 > nice. These bad eyes can read this better.
30
31 I've got the same CPU as you have, actually, just on an older mainboard.
32 When I bought mine, I did stock it full with the max memory the board can take
33 (8 gig).
34
35 Not sure how much memory you have, but a 6Gig ramdisk mounted at
36 /var/tmp/portage is sufficient to compile openoffice. That speeds things up even
37 more ;)
40 Joost