From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Long boot time after kernel update
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:32:49
1 On 27/12/2021 11:07, Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Well, i don't know if my partitions are aligned or mis-aligned... How
3 > could i get it ?
4
5 fdisk would have spewed a bunch of warnings. So you're okay.
6
7 I'm not sure of the details, but it's the classic "off by one" problem -
8 if there's a mismatch between the kernel block size and the disk block
9 size any writes required doing a read-update-write cycle which of course
10 knackered performance. I had that hit a while back.
11
12 But seeing as fdisk isn't moaning, that isn't the problem ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol