From: Davyd McColl <davydm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fresh gentoo installation reboot fs read only
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 04:13:58
1 On February 19, 2019 00:27:34 Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi people,
4 > I made a fresh systemd installation based and generated the kernel
5 > with genkernel.
6 > I am not capable to login after reboot. It is a EFI installation based
7 > on systemd
8 >
9 > I saw in the internet similiar posts, and I am stuck and not getting
10 > it solved somehow to login with write access.
11 >
12 > Has anybody of you an idea what I made wrong?
13 >
14 > I would kindly thank the gentoo community supporting me solving this issue.
15 >
16 > grub options:
17 > https://pastebin.com/raw/hEaP5Mv0
18 >
19 > genkernel linux config
20 > https://pastebin.com/raw/7CSYLfrS
21 >
22 > gentoo /etc/fstab:
23 > https://pastebin.com/raw/zL19iQiZ
24 Just curious - how does mount know how to identify your block devices? This
25 fstab has no device identifier at the start of each line (eg /dev/sda7, as
26 mentioned in a comment above the line for root, or, better, UUID=
27 identifiers, as suggested in the higher up commentary).
28 I don't run systemd (so I'm not sure if it does something magick here?),
29 but I wouldn't expect this fstab to work on any of the systems I've used.
30 >
31 > grub.cfg file:
32 > https://pastebin.com/7KxJCp9F
35 > Thank you.