From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [Extremely OT] Ansible/Puppet replacement
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:34:32
1 Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:
5 > I'm sorry to spam gentoo-user, but I'm not sure who else would be
6 > interested in something like this. Also, feel free to email me with bugs
7 > in the code or documentation, or open something in GitHub's issue tracker.
8
9 One man's spam generates maps for another.....
12 So my map of "todo" on ansible is all about common gentoo installs. [1]
13 Let's take the first and most easy example "the clone". I have a gentoo
14 workstation install that I want to replicated onto identical hardware (sort
15 of like a disk to disk "dd" install).
16
17 So how would I impress the bossman by actually saving admin time
18 on how to use the bossman to create (install from scratch + pxe?)
19 a clone.
22 Gotta recipe for that using bossman?
23 Or is that an invalid direction for bossman?
24
25 curiously,
26 James
29 [1]