From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 06:27:11
1 On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:29:14 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > Android and iphones can be accessed as a USB drive. Doesn't this work?
4
5 No they can't, at least not the modern Android phones. allowing two
6 systems to mount the same filesystem is a recipe for disaster. That's why
7 we have MTP, which would be the perfect answer... if it worked reliably.
8
9 I avoid all those issues by installing SSHhelper on Android and copying
10 files with scp you can also open ssh views in Dolphin if the mouse is
11 more your thing.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Deja Moo: The feeling that you heard this bull somewhere before.