From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 05:29:41
1 On June 14, 2017 10:43:33 PM GMT+02:00, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On 06/14/2017 12:47 PM, Mick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> A long shot, but you never know if it will help in your case.
5 >(Re)install
6 >> kde-apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1 and see if all this multiple-asking for
7 >> permission goes away. It may just be that the KDE application in
8 >question was
9 >> working well with kwalletd:4, but not kwalletd:5.
12 >I'll try that later on, too busy digging in my yard. Stopped for a
13 >break.
14 >
15 >I should mention I don't use kwallet, I turn that crap off.
16 >
17 >The device doing all the prompting was the phone itself. The phone
18 >usually would ask once for permission but it seems to ask so quickly
19 >you
20 >can't respond to them causing the mtp driver to barf.
21 >
22 >Dan
23
24 Android and iphones can be accessed as a USB drive. Doesn't this work?
25
26 I found MTP unreliable both with Linux and MS Windows.
29 Joost
30 --
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.