From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konsole, Gentoo and colors
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:30:07
1 I've got a problem with the colors that are used in Gentoo stuff.
2 I run KDE, and my terminals are generally konsoles.
3 The colors used by portage, ls and vim always seem to have
4 portions that are unreadable because of low contrast -- the
5 text blends into the background.
6
7 I've tried different konsole schemata, and find that different things
8 work for different purposes, but there's no one schema that I
9 can just leave in place and forget.
10
11 I use 'light paper' for starters. The 'linux colors' scheme is good
12 for some things, but I the darker colors don't show up well on it
13 (blue in particular), and I pretty much avoid dark backgrounds
14 when I can because I think they're depressing and they give
15 me eyestrain.
16
17 Does anyone have a suggestion?
18