From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Very recent change in behavior of gmail imap/smtp servers
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 02:34:10
1 On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 02:11:48 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Google has just introduced a 120-second delay before allowing login
5 > > to their email servers. Just in the last day or two, literally.
6 >
7 > I'm not seeing that with either of my gmail accounts. Same login
8 > times as always (1-2 seconds) on both IMAP and SMTP servers.
9
10 That info amazes me, but gives me even more evidence for a conspiracy
11 theory :) My ISP (att.com) may be responsible for this new delay.
12
13 att is involved with the ongoing net-neutrality battles here in the US
14 with netflix et alia, so why not add yet another fuzz-factor to the mix.
15
16 I hope my email still works when I wake up tomorrow morning...