From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KVM on AMD ... why doesn't it just work?
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:47:31
1 Am 02.10.2013 18:31, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 02.10.2013 15:54, schrieb Kerin Millar:
3 >
4 >> Run "modinfo kvm kvm-amd" and check for discrepancies between the
5 >> details of the two, especially regarding the vermagic field.
6 >
7 > [...]
8 >
9 >> I would suggest "make mrproper" to clean the source tree. Ensure that
10 >> the .config has been backed up because it will be deleted as a result.
11 >
12 > I had no module "kvm" because one was built as module and one into the
13 > kernel. I now did mrproper and recompile both kvm and kvm_amd into the
14 > kernel. The next reboot will show ...
15
16 Rather simple issue:
17
18 I have a kernel in boot with the suffix -safe ... and this one got
19 listed first in grub.conf.
20
21 kerninst found that one and always set that one as default so my various
22 recompilings never changed the kernel itself but only the modules ...
23 which lead to strange mismatches ...
24
25 Now I am on a clean and mrproper 3.10.7-r1 ... WITH /dev/kvm !
26
27 Thanks!
28
29 And the performance of the first VM looks good ... even with the vmdk
30 ... conversion will follow.
31
32 Stefan