From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Install Issue
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:31:05
1 On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > Also: Are the modules actually loaded before you unload them? Use
4 > > `modprobe -vr broadcom tg3`. If there is no output, the module was not
5 > > loaded.
6 > Prior to unloading the modules, output from 'modprobe -vr broadcom tg3' is
7 >
8 > rmmod /lib/modules/2.6.39-gentoo-r3/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
11 Hi Colleen,
12
13 Looks like broadcom isn't loading at boot. Also, I'm not too familiar with
14 broadcom, but why must you load two modules? I found [1] which sound like
15 your problem (possibly the site you mentioned earlier) which references a
16 similar problem when tg3 is loaded before broadcom. You may have already
17 tried this, but have you tested changing the order in /etc/conf.d/modules?
20 [1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=110026
21
22 - Matt
25 Matthew Finkel