From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Install Issue
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:05:28
1 On 10/16/11 08:59, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 16.10.2011 12:43, schrieb Mick:
3 >> On Sunday 16 Oct 2011 00:05:01 CJoeB wrote:
4 >>> Hi everyone,
5 >>>
6 >>> Well, thanks to the help I got from the list, I finally have Gentoo
7 >>> installed on my new desktop and booting to a command prompt.
8 >>>
9 >>> However, now I have a networking issue.
10 >>>
11 >>> In past, when I booted to the install CD and my ethernet connection was
12 >>> not active, I typed net-setup eth0 and was able to set it up. This
13 >>> time, when I booted to the install CD and typed net-setup eth0, the
14 >>> network card was not recognized.
15 >> This means that your kernel is not configured with the corresponding modules
16 >> for your network card, or that there is some other configuration problem with
17 >> e.g. firmware loading (if such a thing is necessary for your card).
18 >>
19 > [...]
20 >
21 > Also: Are the modules actually loaded before you unload them? Use
22 > `modprobe -vr broadcom tg3`. If there is no output, the module was not
23 > loaded.
24 Prior to unloading the modules, output from 'modprobe -vr broadcom tg3' is
25
26 rmmod /lib/modules/2.6.39-gentoo-r3/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
27
28 Regards,
29
30 Colleen