From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Install Issue
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:00:57
1 Am 16.10.2011 12:43, schrieb Mick:
2 > On Sunday 16 Oct 2011 00:05:01 CJoeB wrote:
3 >> Hi everyone,
4 >>
5 >> Well, thanks to the help I got from the list, I finally have Gentoo
6 >> installed on my new desktop and booting to a command prompt.
7 >>
8 >> However, now I have a networking issue.
9 >>
10 >> In past, when I booted to the install CD and my ethernet connection was
11 >> not active, I typed net-setup eth0 and was able to set it up. This
12 >> time, when I booted to the install CD and typed net-setup eth0, the
13 >> network card was not recognized.
14 >
15 > This means that your kernel is not configured with the corresponding modules
16 > for your network card, or that there is some other configuration problem with
17 > e.g. firmware loading (if such a thing is necessary for your card).
18 >
19 [...]
20
21 Also: Are the modules actually loaded before you unload them? Use
22 `modprobe -vr broadcom tg3`. If there is no output, the module was not
23 loaded.
24
25 Regards,
26 Florian Philipp