From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:52:58
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 >
3 > This means that your UTF-8 setup is clearly *not* working :) Your locale
4 > is not being set anywhere, it's using the glibc default of POSIX. POSIX
5 > is approximately equal to en_US as far as date/time, sorting, etc. but
6 > lacks most of the numeric formatting (no currency symbol, no thousands
7 > separator, etc). It's also using the default US-ASCII character set.
8 >
9 > --Mike
14 Does this look more better?
15
16 root@fireball / # locale
17 LANG=en_US.UTF8
18 LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF8"
19 LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF8"
20 LC_TIME="en_US.UTF8"
21 LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF8"
22 LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF8"
23 LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF8"
24 LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF8"
25 LC_NAME="en_US.UTF8"
26 LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF8"
27 LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF8"
28 LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF8"
29 LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF8"
30 LC_ALL=
31 root@fireball / # locale -a
32 C
33 en_US
34 en_US.iso88591
35 en_US.utf8
36 POSIX
37 root@fireball / #
38
39 LC_PAPER, is that like paper in my printer? What the heck does it want
40 my phone number, address and other stuff for? Some of that I get but
41 some is just plain nosy. O_O
42
43 Dale
44