From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "<dev-python/setuptools_scm-3" is hard blocking dev-python/setuptools_scm-3.x
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 19:09:51
1 On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:18:45 -0400, Jack wrote:
2
3 > > I have come across blocked packages [1] before, but this time I am
4 > > having a hard time solving things. Accordings to the attached log,
5 > > there
6 > > is a hard block of dev-python/setuptools_scm somewhere, preventing the
7 > > update of that package.
8 > >
9 > > Could somebody point me in the way of resolving this issue? Thanks.
10 > >
11 > > -Ralph
12 > >
13 > > [1]
14 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages
15 >
16 > I just got through this. I ended up doing
17 > emerge -C setuptools_scm
18
19 Same here.
20
21 > followed by
22 > emerge -1 setuptools_scm
23
24 That's not necessary, setuptools_scm is a dependency so it will be pulled
25 in at the correct version by the world update.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Head: (n.) the part of a disk drive which detects sectors and decides
32 which of the two possible values to return: 'lose a turn' or 'bankrupt.'