From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "<dev-python/setuptools_scm-3" is hard blocking dev-python/setuptools_scm-3.x
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 18:18:54
1 On 2019.05.12 14:01, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I have come across blocked packages [1] before, but this time I am
5 > having a hard time solving things. Accordings to the attached log,
6 > there
7 > is a hard block of dev-python/setuptools_scm somewhere, preventing the
8 > update of that package.
9 >
10 > Could somebody point me in the way of resolving this issue? Thanks.
11 >
12 > -Ralph
13 >
14 > [1]
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages
16
17 I just got through this. I ended up doing
18 emerge -C setuptools_scm
19 followed by
20 emerge -1 setuptools_scm
21
22 There is a forum post about this
23 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8334280.html.
24
25 The DEPEND line !!<dev-python/setuptools_scm-3 is in the 3.2.0 ebuild.
26 My limited understanding is that the new version can't even
27 successfully be built if the older version is present. I confirmed
28 this by finding that even just building a binary package of 3.2.0
29 failed, although it wasn't clear to me what the old version had to do
30 with that failure.
31
32 I hope there is either a bug filed, some sort of newsitem, or else
33 someone finds a way for portage to just handle it by itself.
34
35 Jack