From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tor browser also anti-fingerprinting
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 06:34:27
1 Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> [17-01-14 03:36]:
2 > On 170113-18:01+0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> [17-01-13 02:51]:
4 > > > I said in a recent thread that tor was an ip obfuscation tool, but also "Tor
5 > > > Browser normalizes many browser outputs to mitigate existing browser
6 > > > fingerprinting," according to;
7 > > >
8 > > > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-fingerprinting-techniques-identify-users-across-different-browsers-on-the-same-pc/
9 >
10 > Great new research! Thanks! This will be linked all over the internet,
11 > for a few more months from now, till newser research comes along!
14 > > Hi Adam,
15 > >
16 > > would it possible to re-configure a Tor-Browser to use the "normal
17 > > web" instead of the tor-network?
18 > >
19 > I see you asked Adam, but this is trivial. Tor-Browser is just Firefox,
20 > modified and improved in some ways.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Miroslav Rovis
24 > Zagreb, Croatia
25 > http://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr
28 Hi Miroslav,
29
30 You have checked that yourself? ;)
31
32 ok...becaused I tried and failed: how can I revert "modified and
33 improved in some ways" to get back to "normal internet" and keep
34 the other improvements...
35
36 For example: Starting the torbrowser connect to the Tor-network before
37 the browser itsself is visible...where is that implemented?
38 (I dont want to dig into the source of the TB...)
39
40 Cheers
41 Meino