From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tor browser also anti-fingerprinting
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 11:46:27
1 On 170114-07:34+0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> [17-01-14 03:36]:
3 > > On 170113-18:01+0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> [17-01-13 02:51]:
5 > > > > I said in a recent thread that tor was an ip obfuscation tool, but also "Tor
6 > > > > Browser normalizes many browser outputs to mitigate existing browser
7 > > > > fingerprinting," according to;
8 > > > >
9 > > > > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-fingerprinting-techniques-identify-users-across-different-browsers-on-the-same-pc/
10 > >
11 > > Great new research! Thanks! This will be linked all over the internet,
12 > > for a few more months from now, till newser research comes along!
13 > >
14 > > >
15 > > > Hi Adam,
16 > > >
17 > > > would it possible to re-configure a Tor-Browser to use the "normal
18 > > > web" instead of the tor-network?
19 > > >
20 > > I see you asked Adam, but this is trivial. Tor-Browser is just Firefox,
21 > > modified and improved in some ways.
22 > >
23 > > --
24 > > Miroslav Rovis
25 > > Zagreb, Croatia
26 > > http://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr
29 > Hi Miroslav,
30 >
31 > You have checked that yourself? ;)
32 No, I didn't, no time, I have other issues that occuply all my time, see
33 the concurrent thread in this ML:
34 GUI-less (non-dbus) virt-manager (to run Tails in Gentoo)
35
36 But maybe Adam will, as he sent a mail to that effect, before this email
37 of yours...
38
39 > ok...becaused I tried and failed: how can I revert "modified and
40 > improved in some ways" to get back to "normal internet" and keep
41 > the other improvements...
42 >
43 > For example: Starting the torbrowser connect to the Tor-network before
44 > the browser itsself is visible...where is that implemented?
45 > (I dont want to dig into the source of the TB...)
46 >
47 > Cheers
48 > Meino
54 Miroslav Rovis