From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTDIR_OVERLAY
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:19:54
1 Beau E. Cox schreef:
2 > Hi -
3 >
4 > I'm working on a series of ebuilds for the more esoteric CPAN modules
5 > that I use. In the Gentoo Developer Handbook there is a statement
6 > about PORTDIR_OVERLAY:
7 >
8 > "In that directory, you must use the same structure (and categories)
9 > as in /usr/portage."
10 >
11 > OK. But I really want to make a new category, i.e. 'cpan'; ( tried
12 > it, doesn't work ). Is there a way to 'fake out' portage into using a
13 > new category without breaking everything?
16 Question #1-- what's wrong with dev-perl, where all the other modules
17 are (and then naming the modules cpan-whatever, I suppose)?
18
19 Question # 2-- have you looked at g-cpan?
20
21 app-portage/g-cpan
22 Available versions: 0.13.01 0.13.02
23 Installed: none