From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Btrfs "stable" enough?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:05:12
1 Jarry writes:
2
3 > On 21-Sep-11 21:55, Doug Hunley wrote:
4 >
5 >>> I'd like to ask if anybody here has already some experience
6 >>> with Btrfs? Is it usable (although not officialy stable)?
7 >>
8 >> I use it as my main fs here and have had no issues. Having said that,
9 >> there is NO functional fsck at this time. And abrupt power issues tend
10 >> to /hose/ the fs. So, if you have good backups and can restore the
11 >> occasional fs, it's fine ;)
12 >
13 > Really no fsck? I've heard fedora was going to use btrfs
14 > as main filesystem in upcomming release 16 (to be released
15 > in about a month). How could they do it without fsck?
16
17 I think they won't, the German Wikipedia page says they will make it
18 default in Fedora 17.
19
20 Some weeks ago, it was stated that the fsk will be ready in some weeks:
21 http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@×××××××××××.org/msg11836.html
22
23 Btrfs is very interesting, but no matter how good it is, I will
24 definitely wait until a fsck utility is ready and tested before starting
25 to use it.
26
27 Wonko