From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Btrfs "stable" enough?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:03:57
1 On 21-Sep-11 21:55, Doug Hunley wrote:
2
3 >> I'd like to ask if anybody here has already some experience
4 >> with Btrfs? Is it usable (although not officialy stable)?
5 >
6 > I use it as my main fs here and have had no issues. Having said that,
7 > there is NO functional fsck at this time. And abrupt power issues tend
8 > to /hose/ the fs. So, if you have good backups and can restore the
9 > occasional fs, it's fine ;)
10
11 Really no fsck? I've heard fedora was going to use btrfs
12 as main filesystem in upcomming release 16 (to be released
13 in about a month). How could they do it without fsck?
14
15 Jarry
16 --
18 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
19 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.