From: Xavier Parizet <blackhawk@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get sshd to start on boot?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:05:34
1 Hi !
2
3 Check to what the RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING variable in /etc/conf.d/rc is set.
4 Try to set it with RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="none" or
5 RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="no".
6
7 Regards.
8
9 Le Friday 16 March 2007 16:47:48 Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D), vous avez écrit :
10 > > -----Original Message-----
11 > > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org]On Behalf Of Grant Edwards
12 > > Sent: 16 March 2007 15:39
13 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
14 > > Subject: [gentoo-user] How to get sshd to start on boot?
17 > > How do I configure sshd to start at boot time?
18 > >
19 > > When I boot up with eth0 (hard-wired ethernet) connected, sshd
20 > > starts. If I boot up with just a wireless network
21 > > (wpa-supplicant), sshd refuses to start because eth0 isn't
22 > > configured:
23 > >
24 > > Mar 16 09:27:59 ThinkGrant rc-scripts: ERROR: cannot start
25 > > netmount as net.eth0 could not start
26 > > Mar 16 09:28:00 ThinkGrant rc-scripts: ERROR: cannot start
27 > > sshd as net.eth0 could not start
28 > >
29 > > If I start sshd manually after the wireless link comes up, it
30 > > works fine, but the startup script seems to think it's smarter
31 > > than I am.
32 > >
33 > > What's the proper way to configure sshd so that it starts even
34 > > when I'm on a wireless network instead of a wired one?
35 >
36 > I believe there is some setting in the sshd script that tells it only to
37 > start if X, Y and Z are running. If I recall correctly you need to either
38 > tell it that it doesn't need eth0 but can use wlan0 or eth1 or ra0 or
39 > whatever your wireless card is called. Alternatively there may be a way to
40 > make sure sshd doesnt try to start until after your wireless is up and
41 > running.
42 >
43 > Someone will likely chime in in a bit with a full and concise explanation
44 > but this may give you a starting point if you want to have a rummage. I
45 > don't have a Gentoo rig in front of me at the moment otherwise I'd have a
46 > poke around for you :).
47 >
48 > Cheers
49 >
50 > --
51 > djn
52 >
53 > I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
57 Xavier Parizet