From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nomachine <--> nxserver-freenx
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:02:42
1 On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:30 AM, Matthew Marlowe
2 <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Client-side rendering works just fine with NX (including x2go). You
4 >> just have to watch your screen paint every time you scroll an
5 >> application like chrome that uses it. Instead of sending the text
6 >> your X client sends NX an image, just like VNC.
9 > I thought the NX 4.0 packages (free and commercial) have a runtime
10 > option to run either in 1) VNC type mode (default) or 2) light-mode
11 > (optimized for desktop and non graphics intensive). This was
12 > discussed in one of the nomachine hosted forums.
15 I'm not sure what the point would be in basically paying for VNC. The
16 whole point of NX is that it modifies the X protocol so that there is
17 less back-and-forth between the local server and remote clients by
18 acting as a local client to the server and a remote server to the
19 clients. But, when clients are just sending huge blobs of images, all
20 it can do is transmit them.
23 Rich