From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 18:57:11
1 On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:43:41 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Kids still buy CDs? My grandson recently asked me "What's a record?"
4 > > when I used the term.
5
6 > I live in a different universe to you called "South Africa" and CDs are
7 > a big market here. The bulk of the population (none of whom are early
8 > adopters) don't trust online music stores; they want a thing they can
9 > hold in their hand and that thing is a CD :-)
10
11 Round here, the kids (and most adults) are happy to entrust everything to
12 Apple and Facebook. I prefer physical media, but I always considered that
13 a symptom of being an old fart.
14
15 > vinyls are also making a comeback; it's a whole retro marketing thing.
16
17 Vinyl has always been the medium of choice for audio snobs...
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
24 eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
25 and has a lower TCO, than linux.