From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 05:03:23
1 On 27/08/2015 20:56, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:43:41 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Kids still buy CDs? My grandson recently asked me "What's a record?"
5 >>> when I used the term.
6 >
7 >> I live in a different universe to you called "South Africa" and CDs are
8 >> a big market here. The bulk of the population (none of whom are early
9 >> adopters) don't trust online music stores; they want a thing they can
10 >> hold in their hand and that thing is a CD :-)
11 >
12 > Round here, the kids (and most adults) are happy to entrust everything to
13 > Apple and Facebook. I prefer physical media, but I always considered that
14 > a symptom of being an old fart.
15 >
16 >> vinyls are also making a comeback; it's a whole retro marketing thing.
17 >
18 > Vinyl has always been the medium of choice for audio snobs...
23 And by "snob" you don't mean an insult, you mean "someone with a trained
24 ear who can detect superior quality", right?
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com