From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 09:41:29
1 On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:46:13 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > I'm installing openSUSE 13.2 into a VM right now and the *default*
4 > > location for installing GRUB2 is a partition! So what's all the fuss
5 > > about?
6 >
7 > The last time I checked, CentOS/RH/Fedora don't allow installing a
8 > bootloader to a partition. At least I _think_ they don't allow it. I
9 > find the installer completely baffling. I've done at least half-dozen
10 > installs in the past year or two, and I still find the installer
11 > impossible to fathom.
12
13 Anaconda is a classic example of "if it ain't broke, wait for an update".
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 O.K. I'm weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.