From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:46:41
1 On 2015-08-28, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:34:30 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I know it has worked in the past, and I know that recent versions of
5 >> some distros that use Grub2 still allow you to pick a partition for
6 >> the bootloader during the install.
7 >
8 > I'm installing openSUSE 13.2 into a VM right now and the *default*
9 > location for installing GRUB2 is a partition! So what's all the fuss
10 > about?
11
12 The last time I checked, CentOS/RH/Fedora don't allow installing a
13 bootloader to a partition. At least I _think_ they don't allow it. I
14 find the installer completely baffling. I've done at least half-dozen
15 installs in the past year or two, and I still find the installer
16 impossible to fathom.
17
18 Though many things about Ubuntu don't agree with me, at least the
19 installer makes some sort of sense.
20
21 I link the Gentoo isntaller best of all.
24 Grant