From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: setting boot flag on sda1
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:38:20
1 On 09/05/2014 04:11 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 >
3 > With a GPT partition and old BIOS 2008 system, I need to set the
4 > bootable flag on the protective MSDOS partition. Thats all the BIOS
5 > can see.
6 >
7 > I need to use an older fdisk and ignore the dire warning about a GPT
8 > partition table being detected.
9 >
10 > But where to find older fdisk and in stall it from chroot environment.
13 IIRC, fdisk will warn about GPT, but when you use 'o' to generate a new
14 partition table, it generates an MBR. If you're going to repartition and
15 reinstall, fdisk will create an MBR partition table. No matter how old
16 or recent it is, by default it should create MBR. Just did it a week ago
17 on my laptop, so unless the behavior has changed in a week, you should
18 be good with fdisk.
19
20 Alec