From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to invoke non-selected versions of 'java'?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 23:48:06
1 On 2022-02-04, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 22:49, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I've got two "slots" of java currently installed (8 and 11).
5 >> [...]
6 >> How does one manually invoke non-selected version(s) of java?
7 >> [...]
8 >
9 > I don't think there is any convenient out of the box link like for
10 > python or gcc,
11
12 That was what I concluded, but I was a bit surprised.
13
14 > but you could make equivalent links if you want. Otherwise you
15 > should use the paths in your commands. On this box I have:
16 >
17 > /usr/lib64/openjdk-8/bin/java
18 > /usr/lib64/openjdk-11/bin/java
19
20 Yep. I've currently got '-bin' versions installed so here it's:
21
22 $ find /opt/{icedtea*,openjdk*} -type f -executable -name 'java'
23 /opt/icedtea-bin-3.16.0/jre/bin/java
24 /opt/icedtea-bin-3.16.0/bin/java
25 /opt/openjdk-bin-11.0.14_p9/bin/java