From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Regular user can't mount/unmount mtpfs; root is OK
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:36:25
1 On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 08:07:10AM +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote
2
3 > Install gnome-base/gvfs with USE="gphoto2 mtp" and then use gvfs-mount
4 > to mount the device, because gvfs-mount
5 > will make use of your PolicyKit with ConsoleKit or systemd-logind
6 > authorization that allows mounting as a *local*
7 > and *normal* user.
8 > Then you don't need the mtpfs command, any group, any custom udev rules, ...
9
10 Pulling in gnome-base/gvfs and media-libs/libgphoto2 isn't that big an
11 issue. The question is... will I be able to mount from a straight text
12 console, especially when X is not running?
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications