From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I bring back Konqueror as my man page viewer?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:46:40
1 Am Samstag, 18. August 2012, 03:51:55 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2 > In KDE, I'm very used to simply type "man:foo" and have the man page of
3 > "foo" pop up immediately in Konqueror without having to open a terminal
4 > or anything.
5 >
6 > However, since I installed Chromium and making it my default browser,
7 > now "man:" brings up Chromium instead. That doesn't work; instead of
8 > displaying the man page, it downloads the *.bz2 from the local file
9 > system :-/
10 >
11 > How can I set Konqueror to be the program that handles KDE's "man:" command?
12
13 open system-settings. Open mime/applications/whatever submenu (called
14 'Dateizuordnungen' in German).
15
16 application-xtroff-man
17 and
18 application-xtroff-man-compressed
19
20 should be the things you have to set. Click on 'embedded' and choose KManPart
21
22 And that it is always shown in the embedded part.
23
24 We are talking about KDE here - not gnome. It should not be necessary to fiddle
25 with desktop files.
28 #163933