From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I bring back Konqueror as my man page viewer?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:13:00
1 On 18/08/12 17:41, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 18. August 2012, 03:51:55 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
3 >> In KDE, I'm very used to simply type "man:foo" and have the man page of
4 >> "foo" pop up immediately in Konqueror without having to open a terminal
5 >> or anything.
6 >>
7 >> However, since I installed Chromium and making it my default browser,
8 >> now "man:" brings up Chromium instead. That doesn't work; instead of
9 >> displaying the man page, it downloads the *.bz2 from the local file
10 >> system :-/
11 >>
12 >> How can I set Konqueror to be the program that handles KDE's "man:" command?
13 >
14 > open system-settings. Open mime/applications/whatever submenu (called
15 > 'Dateizuordnungen' in German).
16 >
17 > application-xtroff-man
18 > and
19 > application-xtroff-man-compressed
20 >
21 > should be the things you have to set. Click on 'embedded' and choose KManPart
22 >
23 > And that it is always shown in the embedded part.
24 >
25 > We are talking about KDE here - not gnome. It should not be necessary to fiddle
26 > with desktop files.
27
28 This is already set up that way. Except that x-troff-man-compressed is
29 grayed out because there's no file extension listed.