From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DSL and AT&T. About time.
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 14:17:09
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 18:45 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> Anyone here have AT&T DSL? Is there anything special software wise that
7 >> I need to get it to work or do I just point to the URL of the modem and
8 >> set it up that way?
9 >>
10 >> As some may know, I have been promised DSL for the past 5 years or so.
11 >> It is supposed to be here next week. They put the cards in the DSL box
12 >> today. YEPPIE !!!! If I don't get DSL this time, my next post may be
13 >> from jail. I'm going to drive my uninsured 3/4 ton pick up right over
14 >> their shiney new DSL box. :-@
15 >>
16 >> Thanks.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-)
26 > My wife and I have had AT&T DSL for a couple of years and we have the
27 > our router plugged into the DSL modem and it works just fine. I don't
28 > know if it would if you had a PC plugged directly into the modem, but
29 > with a router it works fine.
35 It sounds like it will work without a router. I know my ex's cable
36 modem worked without or with. Of course, without only one of us could
37 surf at a time. ;-)
38
39 If it doesn't work, I can always pick up a router. Newegg is just one
40 day away.
41
42 Dale
43