From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb HD cannot boot without initramfs
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:19:04
1 On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 03:47:14PM +0800, Penguin Lover Xi Shen squawked:
2 > i installed my gentoo on a usb HD disk, and i have compiled scsi, usb,
3 > ata drivers into the kernel. but when boot, the system still cannot
4 > find my usb hd, but it did find my hd on my laptop. what i missed?
5
6 I don't completely understand your question: if it cannot find your
7 usb hd and you installed on the usb HD, how did you boot?
8
9 Did you install the bootloader on the USB HD?
10 Did you get to the bootloader screen at all?
11 What cannot find your USB HD?
12
13 Tell us in more detail what you did, and what didn't work. Your
14 description is so vague that for all I know cosmic rays could've
15 caused your problem.
16
17 W
18 --
19 "`I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very
20 depressed.'"
21 "`Life, don't talk to me about life.'"
22 "`Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to
23 take you down to the bridge. Call that "job satisfaction"?
24 'Cos I don't.'"
25 "`I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my
26 left side.'"
27
28 - Guess who.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1105 days, 13:11