From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Tether a Google Nexus One?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 01:55:52
1 On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Does anyone know if a Google Nexus One cell phone can be USB tethered
4 > to a Gentoo system? I use wvdial to accomplish this with other cell
5 > phones but I've read that the Nexus One doesn't work that way because
6 > it doesn't appear on the host system as a tty:
7 >
8 > http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?23,146509,147989
9 >
10 > There is a tethering option in the Nexus One settings but I can't
11 > figure out how to get my Gentoo laptop to use the tethered cell
12 > phone's internet connection.
13 >
14 > - Grant
17 If your phone is anything like my phone (G2, Gingerbread) that has the same
18 option, you should be able to do the following (I did this on an Arch system
19 late last week, never tested on Gentoo but should work):
20
21 ifconfig usb0 up
22 dhcpcd usb0
25 That should get you online.