From: Matthew Finkel <Matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Tether a Google Nexus One?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 03:25:43
1 I agree with Mark. Have you received the GB update? I know not all N1s have
2 received it yet, so I apologize if my assumption is wrong and you're still
3 running Froyo. But I have had the same experience as Mark (and I am running
4 gentoo) where it is almost as plug-n-play as you can get. (Assuming you're
5 running GB):
6
7 1) Plug in usb to phone and computer
8 2) Enable usb tethering in Wireless & network settings
9 3) Tethering & portable hotspot
10 4) USB tethering (check)
11
12 As root:
13 ---snip---
14 ifconfig usb0 up
15 dhcpcd usb0
16 ---snip---
17
18 I don't believe the tethering experience was much more difficult in Froyo,
19 but I could be wrong about that.
20
21 - Matt
22