From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change from udev to eudev?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 22:19:09
1 Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 08 June 2016 02:43:07 wabe wrote:
4 > [...]
5 > >But I wonder why portage wanna change udev to eudev on my system. It
6 > >seems that this is not the case for everyone else. I'm using a stable
7 > >hardened gentoo system and did not change USE flags or other
8 > >settings. Just started my regular update process.
9 > [...]
10 >
11 > My suspicion is that libgudev is in @world (or in a set your created
12 > yourself). Perhaps try "emerge --deselect libgudev"; if it works, the
13 > hard blocker should become a soft blocker ("b" instead of "B"), which
14 > portage can resolve by itself.
15
16 It isn't listed in /var/lib/portage/world. But it's a dependency of
17 about a dozen of packages on my system.
18
19 At the moment I don't have enough time to search for the reason why
20 portage wants to install eudev. So I simply unmerged udev and
21 installed eudev.
24 Regards
25 wabe