From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:52:45
1 On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 07:55:46 -0400,
2 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (8bit)>]
5 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 > > On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 22:09:00 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> A feature that would be useful for menuconfig would be the ability once
9 > >> a search is done to jump onto the desired search item directly (if the
10 > >> item were available at all).
11 > > That's already there. Options that are available have a number next to
12 > > them. Press that to jump to the option.
17 > Wow!!!  O_O  I never noticed that.  It works too.  I did a search for
18 > speak and saw a number next to the results and hit it, 1 in my case, and
19 > it went right to it.  I'm not going to mention how many times I went
20 > digging to find something in the past.  It embarrassing.  ;-)
21 >
22 > Now that is cool.  I just hope I remember to use it the next time.  :/
23
24 I didn't know that either and have been doing this for years!
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una