From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux & Motherboard
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:53:13
1 On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 15:18 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > > As for the performances, could you tell me if there is a gap between
3 > > nv and the proprietary driver ? I Never tried the later.
4 >
5 > I'll let someone more current answer that - I haven't done head to
6 > head
7 > comparisons on nvidia for ages. Last I heard, nv was still way behind
8 > in terms of features supported, but that can change quite quickly.
9 >
10 > Anyone else got current info on this? It's a question I'm sure many
11 > folk
12 > would like an answer on
13
14 The nv driver has *no* 3D acceleration and limited 2D acceleration due
15 to nVidia's refusal to release the specs needed to create a decent OSS
16 driver.
17
18 You can try the nouveau* drivers but they're still experimental.
21 * http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/
22
23 -a
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list