From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux & Motherboard
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:08:20
1 On Dienstag, 25. März 2008, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 15:18 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > > As for the performances, could you tell me if there is a gap between
4 > > > nv and the proprietary driver ? I Never tried the later.
5 > >
6 > > I'll let someone more current answer that - I haven't done head to
7 > > head
8 > > comparisons on nvidia for ages. Last I heard, nv was still way behind
9 > > in terms of features supported, but that can change quite quickly.
10 > >
11 > > Anyone else got current info on this? It's a question I'm sure many
12 > > folk
13 > > would like an answer on
14 >
15 > The nv driver has *no* 3D acceleration and limited 2D acceleration due
16 > to nVidia's refusal to release the specs needed to create a decent OSS
17 > driver.
18
19 since the nv driver is written by nvidia, who needs specs?
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list